Monday, June 14, 2010

I decided that I needed to get away for a few days. I thought that going to spend time with my family up north would be a little therapeutic. My sister, Melissa, was leaving on Sunday from my house. So I decided to drive up with her. Brett will come up on Friday and spend the weekend with me and the kids. So far it has been nice just relaxing and hanging out. It's also been nice having lots of help with the kids. Bennett woke up early this morning and dad came into the room and took care of him while he let me sleep a little longer. Brighton and Brinlee wanted to spend the night with their cousins. Oh my poor sister...after getting home late and being tried. Brinlee peed the bed early in the morning. Brighton waking up at 5:30am telling her it was time to get up. I think he was a little to excited to play with his cousins. Today, Melissa and her family went to Lagoon today and took Brigthton and Brinlee to my sister-in-law, Vicki, house who lives near Lagoon for the entire day. My dad and Paulette (step-mom)and myself went shopping and out to lunch. Bennett slept while we out shopping. My dad offered to stay in the car with him so we didn't have to bother waking him. It's been a nice time so far. I am feeling OK. I am not going to say good or great, because that would be lying. Like my DR said NO LYING!!!I have this stupid headache that comes and goes. I am not sure if it's sinus or chemo. My guess is chemo. I guess it could possible be lack of diet coke...lol. My symptoms with treatment #1 have been a bit of nausea (I threw up once) very tired and my headache. Oh... and how could I possible forget, my sister shoving water down my throat. Over all it hasn't been too bad. But I do know it will get worse with each treatment. I am just counting down the days until my hair starts falling out. 10 more days. I have a lot of cute scarves and hats so I am ready BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be with family that is so helpful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Sara and can't wait to see the cute scarves and hats. You're amazing. I hope this all passes quickly so you can feel great again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara- I love ya girl! You have a fantastic outlook. I am so blessed to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara- It's Becca Cason. It's amazing how life can take these unexpected turns. I am so sorry that you are going through this. We started a blog with Ellie's diagnosis, which has been very therapeutic. We do miss sunny St. George. Call me if you ever need to talk.

    Becca-www.blesselliesheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay well i just texted you and then thought to read this wonderful blog! i love it. i am so sorry you feel kind of crummy. i know how laid back you are and how positive you are so i am sure you feel worse than you say even though you say you are not lying! :) oh i hope you get lots of love and many many blessings. we will all be here to help ya through!

    ReplyDelete